The COVID Winter Grant Scheme is to provide support to vulnerable households and families with children particularly affected by the pandemic throughout the winter period where alternative sources of assistance may be unavailable.
The funding is to provide support with food, energy and water bills for household purposes (including drinking, washing, cooking, central heating, and sanitary purposes) sewerage and emergencies including replacement of white goods such as a cooker, washing machine, fridge freezer or heater if these are broken and there are no funds available to replace them.
To be eligible applicants MUST
- live in the Dudley Borough
- be able to show us that they do not have the money to provide food, gas or electricity and/or essential household items for yourself or your household as a result of the impact of either COVID-19 or other financial hardship
People that the grant can help:
- Families in receipt of benefits with children age 0 – 18
- Families who are working, do not receive benefit but are on furlough or whose income has been seriously impacted by COVID?
- Individuals or couples over the age of 18 who are in a vulnerable group
Requests for assistance from the winter grant can be made either by:
- Making a request by telephone 0300 3302152
- Completing the attached screening form which should then be sent to your most local Family Centre – please see addresses & email addresses below:
- Dudley North Family Centre, Bayer St, Coseley, Bilston WV14 9DS 01384 813096 FS.DudleyNorth@dudley.gov.uk
- Dudley Central Family Centre, Selborne Road, DY2 8LJ 01384 812 440 FS.DudleyCentral@dudley.gov.uk
- Brierley Hill Family Centre, Parkes Street, DY5 3DY 01384 813322 FS.BrierleyHill@dudley.gov.uk
- Stourbridge Family Centre, Forge Road, DY8 1XF 01384 818780 FS.Stourbridge@dudley.gov.uk
- Halesowen Family Centre, Lye By-Pass, DY9 8HT 01384 813954 FS.Halesowen@dudley.gov.uk
Please note that applications must be received by 24 March 2021 - the CWGS application form is at the bottom of this page
|Coronavirus Book||23rd April 2020||Download >|
|CWGS application form Draft v4||26th February 2021||Download >|
|Operational Plan January 22 updated 17th Jan||18th January 2022||Download >|
|Covid Risk Assessment 17th January 22||18th January 2022||Download >|
|What to do if||18th January 2022||Download >|