Peters Hill Globetrotters
About our Globetrotters.
Peters Hill Globetrotters Club began in September 2022. We currently have representatives from years 4,5 and 6.
Peters Hill Globetrotters meet every fortnight on Tuesdays after school. Our vision for the club is to provide an opportunity for our pupils to be able to discuss and debate local, national and global issues, for example, topical and current news items, political issues, issues affecting us locally, nationally, sporting topics, and much much more. Years 4,5, and 6 have been exploring and building upon their debating skills through exposure to our spiral PHSE curriculum.
Through these opportunities we aim:
- To encompass and support S.M.S.C, the overarching umbrella that encompasses personal development across the whole curriculum: Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural education.
- To shape pupils as global and responsible citizens
- To encourage our pupils to have a wider perspective
- To encourage questioning
- To foster tolerance of others and their viewpoints and to widen horizons.
- To ‘spread the word’ and encourage others to debate.
- To develop confidence and self-esteem.
Key attributes of a Globetrotter rep:
- A curious mind
- Good listener
- Ability to see alternative viewpoints
- A thirst for knowledge and to desire to widen horizons
- Good communicator
This term the club has debated a number of topical issues, and have generated a ‘Talking Point’ each session and placed these round the school for others to discuss and debate.
To find out about in greater detail what the Globetrotters have been doing this term, please navigate to:
- School blogs – Peters Hill SMSC blog.