Peters Hill Primary School - Equality Information and Objectives
Peters Hill is a welcoming place for everyone. We believe that every child should 'Fly high: Flourish and Fulfil' the limitless potential they have. Our ethos is to develop Ambition , Belief, Compassion, Pride and Respect in all member of our school community. We are always here for everyone, regardless of race, sexuality, gender, religion or anything else that makes us who we are. We seek and listen to the views of children, parents, carers and staff through a range of approaches.
The Equality Act 2010 brought together all the legal requirements on equality that the private, public and voluntary sectors need to follow. It affects equality law at work and in the delivery of all kinds of services and, in the context of this policy, in all aspects of the provision of education.
The Act protects people from discrimination on the basis of certain characteristics, known as the ‘protected characteristics’ which are:
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage or Civil Partnership
- Pregnancy and Maternity
- Sex (Gender)
- Sexual orientation
We aim to meet our obligations under the Equality Act 2010 by adopting the policy shown below. We have also set Equality objectives and work to ensure that these are being met across the school. This work will be led by a core team of senior leaders and members of the governing body.
Our development points will include:
1.To develop regular opportunities for all children to talk about and debate the subject of equality in the world around them using real world experiences.
2. To maintain and extend work on understanding and celebrating the diversity of local, national and global citizenship.
3. To ensure that the books in our whole school and class libraries increasingly reflect our diverse school community and beyond.
4. To ensure that the learning environment and curriculum reflects the diversity of the school community and beyond.
5. To implement and review H(RSE) to ensure it is inclusive of different types of relationships and identities and that all resources used are current and reflect the new curriculum.
6. To continue to develop staff expertise in supporting pupils with SEND.
7. To fully embed different families, celebrating difference and diversity across the whole school.
Link Governor - Mrs R Steedman
Staff Representative - Mrs S James
Head teacher - Mr S Duncan
|Equality Policy 2022||4th July 2022||Download >|
|Equality Objectives||4th July 2022||Download >|